Do you want to know more about rashes and how each case is treated?
Rashes are skin conditions on the skin that manifest in a variety of ways: red patch, small bumps or blisters. Rashes are not life-threatening and are treated with the help of your Peoria, AZ, doctor Dr. Vernon Mackey. Learn more about the different types of rashes and treatments, like over-the-counter anti-itch creams, antihistamines and moisturizing lotions.
More About Rashes
- A common type of eczema is Atopic Dermatitis.
- There is Contact dermatitis which is a type of eczema caused by an allergen.
- There are several chronic skin problems: acne, psoriasis or seborrheic dermatitis.
- There are fungal infections, like ringworms and yeast infections
- There are viral Infections, like shingles.
The American Academy of Dermatology Association gives a list of other types of rashes.
Below is a list:
- Lichen planus: This rash manifests on several parts of the body, like inside the mouth, genitals and scalp but aren't contagious.
- Granuloma: This is a type of cancer that causes a rash and manifests in a variety of appearances on skin: a slightly raised and ringed patch usually found on one's hand, arm, foot or leg; patches all over one's body; a deep, round lump in one's skin that may be mistaken for ringworm. Contact your Peoria dermatologist because they can differentiate between the two.
Lupus: There are several types of lupus: cutaneous only affects skin and systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) which affects the body's skin, joints and lungs.
Do you need a consultation?
For more information on rashes in Peoria, AZ, contact Advanced Desert Dermatology at (623) 977-6700 today!