Posts for tag: Rash Treatments
Though they are often nothing to worry about, discovering a rash on your skin can be an alarming experience. Understanding some common types of rashes and how you can care for them can help you successfully deal with your condition. Find out more about rashes and their treatments with Dr. Vernon Mackey at Advanced Desert Dermatology in Peoria, AZ.
Examples of Common Rashes
- Contact Dermatitis: This type of rash produces red, itchy skin and occurs due to physical contact with an allergen. This rash may blister, ooze, or become crusty after a day or two.
- Rosacea: This chronic condition can have flare-ups where it becomes worse. Rosacea often has a trigger, such as spicy food or stress, and normally occurs on the face, neck, and chest.
- Impetigo: Impetigo occurs on the face, usually around the mouth, chin, and nose areas. This condition produces blisters which, after popping, form a crusty layer.
- Eczema: Eczema causes a rough, inflamed rash that can itch and bleed. Eczema often occurs on the inner elbows and knees and neck.
- Psoriasis: This condition causes scaly, silvery patches of skin that often produces no symptoms, but can become itchy. Psoriasis normally presents itself on the knees, lower back, scalp, and elbows.
- Hives: Hives are raised, red, swollen bumps that are usually the result of an allergic reaction but can sometimes happen for no known reason. Hives usually itch but may sting or burn.
Rash Treatments in Peoria, AZ
Treating a rash depends on what kind of rash you have and its severity. In some cases, a simple over-the-counter ointment is enough to relieve the symptoms of your rash. However, your doctor may prescribe a stronger medication if over-the-counter varieties do not prove successful. Working with your doctor can ensure that you find the best treatment option for your rash.
For more information on treating rashes, please contact Dr. Vernon Mackey at Advanced Desert Dermatology in Peoria, AZ. Call (623) 977-6700 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Mackey today!