How your dermatologist in Peoria, Arizona can help you have clear skin.
Acne is not very attractive, and it can also be painful. If you suffer from acne, you already know how it can affect your self-esteem and self-confidence. Fortunately, your dermatologist can help eliminate your acne, so you can show off clear skin. Dr. Vernon Thomas Mackey of Advanced Desert Dermatology in Peoria, Arizona offers a full line of skincare treatments, including acne solutions to help you enjoy clear skin.
Acne can take on many different forms including blackheads, whiteheads, and large, painful cysts. It’s caused by oils, dead skin cells, and bacteria filling up and clogging your pores. Stress, diet, environmental conditions, and other factors can also cause acne breakouts.
You can do a lot to prevent acne breakouts, including:
- Washing your face in the morning and before bed, using a mild skin cleanser
- Trying to avoid touching your face
- Wearing non-comedogenic makeup products that won’t cause clogged pores
- Drinking lots of water to flush out toxins
You may be able to treat mild acne with over-the-counter products. Products containing salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide are good choices. For stubborn, moderate to severe acne, you should visit Dr. Mackey. He may recommend:
- Oral or topical antibiotics to treat any underlying bacterial infection
- Benzoyl peroxide products to clear out blocked pores
- Tretinoin medication to unblock clogged pores
- Extraction treatment using a tool to remove the blemish completely
Acne can also leave behind unattractive scars. If you suffer from acne scarring, don’t worry. Dr. Mackey can help with that too by offering several effective treatments to minimize the appearance of acne scarring. He may recommend:
- Laser skin resurfacing
- Chemical peels
- Dermal fillers
- Prescription skincare products
You can get control of your acne, and your dermatologist can help. To find out more about acne treatments, acne scarring treatments, and other medical and aesthetic dermatology services, call Dr. Vernon Thomas Mackey of Advanced Desert Dermatology in Peoria, Arizona at 623-977-6700. Call now!